Specific Procurement Notice
Design, Supply and Installation of Securities Market Surveillance System and Related Goods and Services
Purchaser: SECURITIES & EXCHANGE COMMISSION, NIGERIA
Project: Deployment of Real-time Surveillance System for the Nigeria Securities Market and ancillary services at the Securities and Exchange Commission
Contract title: PROCUREMENT OF SECURITIES MARKET SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM
Grant No.: G-NG-HOO-SUP-002
IFB No: SMSS/BPMP/13/11/2023
Issued on: November 13, 2023
1. The Securities & Exchange Commission, Nigeria has received financing from the Capital Markets Development Trust Fund (CMDTF) administered by the African Development Bank Group towards the cost of the Security Markets Surveillance System and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Securities Market Surveillance System and Related Goods and Services.
2. The Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) now invites Bids from eligible Bidders for Supply, installation, and deployment of an automated ‘real-time surveillance system for the securities markets. The surveillance solution will cover market monitoring across all existing and future trading platforms and all tradable securities and products. The system fits in and will complement the ongoing SEC IT digital transformation initiative and will improve efficiency in overall market surveillance. The current absence of real-time monitoring of trading activities makes exchanges and trading platforms susceptible to infractions relating to the trading of securities. The surveillance system will contribute to ensuring market integrity, boosting investors’ confidence and competitiveness of the Nigerian capital markets.
3. Bidding will be conducted through Open Competitive Bidding as specified in the African Development Bank’s “Procurement Framework (Oct 2015), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Framework.
4. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information during office hours (0900 to 1600 hours) at the address or email given below.
5. Eligible bidders Must possess the following:
i. Evidence showing that firm is a legal entity in its country of jurisdiction/operation
ii. Must be from a member country of the African Development Bank Group.
iii. Must have carried out similar projects with evidence of satisfactory completion certificates.
iv. Ability to show evidence of technically qualified personnel for the project with a detailed organogram of the company.
v. Evidence of financial capability to facilitate the assignment.
6. The bidding document in English may be obtained by interested eligible vendors upon submission of a written application to the address below.
7. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 12.00 Noon, December 19, 2023 accompanied with a Bid Security of an amount of USD20,000.00. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below on December 19, 2023 at 12.15pm prompt.
8. The address referred to above is:
Securities and Exchange Commission, Nigeria,
SEC Tower, Plot 272, Samuel Ademulegun Street,
Central Business District, FCT, Abuja, Nigeria
Telephone: +234 (9) 4621100
Dr. Mo’ Omamegbe,
Implementation Unit coordinator,